Today’s reality is this: No matter what business you are in, no matter where in the world you are – if you’ve got data, then your business is at constant risk. These are the words used by Robert J. McCullen to describe the current situation in the 2013 Global Security Report. IT and security professionals are faced with an increasing number of threats that are not only growing in volume, but also in sophistication and scale.
The Python for Ethical Hackers course provides you the tools and teach you the techniques to quickly identify and fix weaknesses in your corporate network. After a quick introduction to the Python programming language, you will learn through several hands-on exercises how to collect information about your target, launch complex Web attacks, extend world-class tools such as the Burp Suite and WinDbg, discover software vulnerabilities, write reliable exploits for Microsoft Windows, and develop custom scripts for your Android phone.
■ Develop custom applications for extracting data from social networks.
■ Understand how to develop customized network reconnaissance tools.
■ Learn to automate complex network and Web attacks.
■ Utilize Python to rapidly develop remote exploits.
■ Learn to evade antivirus and IDS software with ad-hoc Python Voodoo.
- Welcome! FREE PREVIEW
- Course Overview
- Setting up the lab
- Before we begin...
- Introduction to Python
- Data types and variables
- Operators and expressions
- Conditional statements and loops
- Functions and modules
- Input / output
- Errors and exceptions
- Python Essentials Quiz
- Standard modules
- The sys module
- The os module
- The re module
- The socket module
- Standard Modules Quiz
- Classes and objects
- Debugging and introspection
- Passive information gathering with Google
- Metadata analysis
- Extracting metadata from PDF files
- Extracting metadata from Microsoft Office files
- Extracting information from social networks
- Network and port scanning with Nmap
- Network traffic analysis
- PCAP file parsing
- Packet sniffing
- Packet manipulation
- Scapy API
- HyperText Markup Language (HTML) analysis
- Extending the Burp Suite in Python
- Burp Extender API
- HTTP traffic analysis with the Burp Suite
- Building custom Web exploits from scratch
- Static analysis with IDA Pro
- What is IDAPython?
- IDAPython basics
- Analyzing functions in IDAPython
- Enumerating the attack surface of an application with IDAPython
- Analyzing live applications with WinDbg
- PyKD basics
- Scripting WinDBG with PyKd
- Binary analysis with Immunity Debugger
- Writing a custom PyCommand for the Immunity Debugger
- Building custom exploits from scratch
- Antivirus and IDS evasion
- Module Objectives
- Android 101
- Python for Android
- Building custom scripts for Android
- Android & SL4A Quiz
- More resources for you
- Congrats! Here's what's next...
- Before you go...
Training attendees should be familiar with the most common Web attacks (e.g. SQL Injections, Cross-Site Scripting, etc.) as well as have a basic knowledge and understanding of popular software vulnerabilities (e.g. stack buffer overflows, format strings, etc.).
■ Laptop with at least forty (40) GB of free hard drive space and eight (8) GB of RAM.
■ Latest Oracle VM VirtualBox and VirtualBox Extension Pack installed.
■ A working version of Burp Suite Professional (or Burp Suite Professional Trial).
■ A working version of IDA Pro 6.8+ (or IDA Pro Evaluation Version).